Pageviews last month

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Dropped the Ball!

Have you ever known something special was coming for a long time and when the time finally arrived, you realized that you failed to plan for it? Well I have and did. As many of you know, my 25th wedding anniversary is on November 22 and I have not planned any thing special for my wife. I know, I know. I SUCK, right? As if not planning anything wasn't bad enough, my wife has been basically telling me how this anniversary was going to go down for years. We were to have a vow renewal ceremony, she was going to get a HUGE wedding ring (because the one she got when we first got married was pitiful), and we were going to be surrounded by our friends and family. So how could I screw that up so terribly? I DON'T KNOW!!! I have no excuse. Sure I can say that we have been slammed this year with the new house and my new position at work, but why did I wait until this year? Sure I can say that we didn't have the money, but that wouldn't be exactly true. We have been blessed since arriving in Denver and the truth is what she wanted (other than the ring) wasn't all that expensive. I do have to rescue myself just a bit here though. I did get her a new ring last Christmas and it is a beautiful ring, however; I do know it wasn't really the ring she was looking for. I could use any of those as an excuse, but they would be just that, an excuse.
I now blog in front of God and everybody that I feel sick about this. The biggest problem is that I have felt sick about this for a long time now. You would think that would have motivated me to do something about it, but it didn't. Maybe it is true what they say about men. We are the biggest procrastinators and even physical sickness will not motivate us to do what we need to do. I have begged my wife's forgiveness for this over and over the past few months, and you know what? She tells me that she is not upset about it. YA, RIGHT! Guys, what does it mean when your wife tells you she is not upset about something you should have done? What does it mean when your wife tells you you don't have to get her something for Valentines Day, Her Birthday, Christmas, or her Anniversary? It means you are royally screwed! So readers, after it has taken me so long to finally get this blog started, it may be my last entry. I am sure some time, some where, she is going to kill me. I have take to sleeping with one eye open lately. I am sure that is why I never feel like I have gotten any sleep. Every time she rolls over or moves an arm or leg, I am wide awake wondering if it is finally judgement day. I am a wreck!
Wait a minute! I  may have just saved myself. I realize remembering the actual day is important, and I do remember it every year. But the celebration is truly a whole year thing right? Will I be vindicated if I make some sort of plan any where between November 22, 2011 and November 22, 2012?! That has got to be the answer. I am not quite sure what it will be, but it is all I have to go on. Ladies, if you are reading this blog, let me know if this will get me out of the doghouse. Even a few suggestions would be welcome. There has got to be some things I havent thought of because, as you know, I am a man and we just don't think like that.
My wife will be reading this entry so I need to say one thing directly to her. Baby, I am so sorry I dropped the ball. I hope you will forgive me. This does not mean I don't love you or I don't take our marriage seriously. I simply means I am a man. I will do better in the future to make you feel special. You are my one and only and I will love you until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment